I recently found a pay check that is over a year old, can I still cash it?

No, checks that are older than 180 days are stale dated and will not be cashed by banks or check cashing institutions. Stale dated checks must be submitted to the Office of Payroll Administration (O.P.A.), located at 1 Centre Street, Room 200N. O.P.A. will either regenerate the check or place an updated stamp on the check. The Office of Payroll Administration is easily accessible by the 4 or 5 trains to Brooklyn Bridge.