Do I pay taxes for fringe benefits?

Do I pay taxes for fringe benefits?
There are six types of fringe benefits that are taxable:

Union Legal Service
A portion of the money the City contributes to the Union Welfare Fund is used to provide pre-paid group service benefits to eligible individuals. The cost of this benefit is considered income, whether the service is used or not. The value of the benefit varies by union affiliation.

Reimbursements by unions and CUNY community colleges for non job-related undergraduate and graduate-level courses for amounts in excess of $5,250 are subject to federal income, Social Security, and Medicare taxes.

Motor Vehicle Use
If a City vehicle is assigned to you and you use it for driving to and from home, you are required to pay taxes on the value of the use of the vehicle. The amount is determined by mileage or a flat rate and is reported by your agency to OPA.

If you have access to free parking space for your own vehicle in areas in which equivalent parking costs are more than $215 per month, you are required to pay tax on the value of the parking above $215 per month. Your agency reports parking fringe benefit amounts to OPA.

TransitBenefit Administrative Fees
The TransitBenefit administrative fees for the Premium TransitChek MetroCard are paid by the City to TransitCenter on behalf of participating employees. The maximum annual amount of the addition is $15.60:

$.60 deduction x 26 bi-weekly paydays or $.65 deduction x 24 semi-monthly paydays.

Health Club Reimbursement
Reimbursements by the Management Benefits Fund are subject to income, Social Security, and Medicare taxes.

The amount of your taxable fringe benefits is shown in Box 14 and has increased your taxable wages in Box 1, Social Security and Medicare wages in Boxes 3 and 5, state wages in Box 16, and local wages in Box 18A or Box 18B. Taxable fringe benefits are reported and processed at the end of the year and may not be reflected in year-to-date earnings in your final pay statement.