Degree Status

Degree Students

Students admitted to CUNY and Hostos and who are enrolled and pursuing the course of study leading to a degree or certificate in their selected field are matriculated degree students.

Non-Degree Students

Students who wish to register for classes but are not interested in earning a degree or in pursuing a certificate program should file an "Application for Non-Degree Status." A student from outside the College may apply as a non-degree student for courses on a space-available basis. However, prerequisites and corequisites, if any, must be met. Furthermore, the non-degree student should ascertain that said courses are acceptable at his or her home College.

Change of Degree Status

Non-degree students who have earned 12 academic units must apply for degree status by filing an Admissions application with the Admissions and Recruitment Office.