Financial Aid for Veterans

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) provides education benefits to eligible Servicemembers, Student Veterans, and qualified dependents and survivors. Questions pertaining to eligibility to receive Veterans educational entitlement should be referred to the New York Regional Office of the V.A., 245 W. Houston Street, New York, NY 10014.
Apply for VA Education Benefits:

  •  ONLINE:
  • IN PERSON: Visit the nearest VA Regional Office
  • MAIL: Call 1-888-GI BILL-1 (888-442-4551) to have the application mailed to you.

Consult with Hostos Community College’s SCO for assistance with the paperwork needed to begin and continue certification under the various GI Bill®  benefits.
NOTE: If you have previously attended another institution using your benefit, you will have to fill out VA FORM 22-1995 to make Hostos Community College your current, primary institution.
Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits
Vocational Rehabilitation services are available through the VA for veterans with service-connected disabilities. To apply for VA Voc Rehab and Employment (also known as Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment, VR&E, or Chapter 31 benefits) apply through your eBenefits account or obtain approval from a Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor at the Veterans Administration Regional Office, 245 West Houston Street, New York, NY 10014. In addition, reasonable accommodations and support services are available to veterans with disabilities through the Accessibility Resource Center.
Tuition Assistance (TA)
The Tuition Assistance program allows soldiers to obtain financial support to complete educational goals while off-duty. Tuition Assistance benefits are administered by each branch of service.
Other  forms  of financial aid might be available to you. Apply for this aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student    Aid (FAFSA) at

State Aid

Federal Aid